Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James

Wow, I bought this last night thinking I'd read this over the next few days... 416 pages according to Amazon... Yeah I'm done with it.  It was pretty good!

ForbiddenForbidden by Syrie James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The authors of this book were a mother and son duo.  First of all, this book reminded me of little tidbits of several different YA books I've read.  I would compare it to Jamie McGuire's Providence series.  I did not expect to purchase this book last night and have it finished by this afternoon.  For being 416 pages it flew by.



The action was spot on, the romance was there.  There was a slight cliched love triangle but it was clear who your heroine Claire wanted after a few chapters.  There were a few surprises.  I found most of the characters really likeable, I think the only problem I had with the main character was her lack of being able to keep any secrets to herself.  But Claire was also caring and sweet and she was a really great female lead.



I liked that it was set at an upscale private school yet there weren't any of the regular "mean" kids that are in every book you read.  I found the hero of the story to be spot on and I really liked him.  Claire had great friends.



If you are a fan of angel books I would definitely recommend this one to add to your reading list.  I really hope to see a sequel from this writing team.  It ended definitely leaving you hanging and wanting more.  I would rate it a 3.5 but upped it to a 4 since I read it in less than 24 hours which is something I do only when I really enjoy a book.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment