Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

 This was definitely not my favorite, but I try to save low ratings for books I really dislike.  This was "OK" in my opinion.  I'm going to read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  Hopefully that will be better...  :P  This book was just so far below my expectations I feel disappointed I paid for it.  That never happens!!!

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Twilight Cullens meet Carrier of the Mark DeRis family. 



So I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it.  I felt it was extremely drawn out, I found myself reading paragraphs over and over again.  It ended abruptly with no conclusions to anything.  I'm not sure if there is meant to be a series of this or not? 



The family immediately reminded me of the Cullens from Twilight but were obviously not vampires, they also reminded me a lot of the family from Carrier of of the Mark.  All extremely beautiful with amazing talents and skills. 



The premise of the story sounded amazing, but I think it fell short.  I find that in other reviews people either loved or hated it.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, I found it mediocre at best.



I did like the main character Helen but I can immediately compare them to other people from other books, Hector was identical (to me) to Emmett Cullen, Lucas the hero and Helen's love interest reminded me of Adam DeRis from Carrier of the Mark.  The only thing different is that this book is about demigods. 



I'll give it a 2.5-3 star rating, because I read the whole book and some parts were really good.  This is a visual book, while reading it there is a lot of detail and sometimes lacks dialogue.  I hate writing reviews that aren't positive but I just didn't enjoy this book.



If you are a fan of Carrier of the Mark or Twilight, this book may be for you.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment