Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi...next up...?

I will start off by saying this was my FIRST dystopian novel.  I've tried reading a few others in the past but have never been able to really get into them.  I have a few samples and a couple paperbacks I'm stifling through now trying to decide what to read next...

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had been on the fence for a long time about reading this because I can never get into dystopian novels they aren't my thing.  I really enjoyed the main character Juliette and the hero of her affections Adam.  Juliette hasn't touched anyone in almost a year because her touch is lethal and she's locked in an asylum.



The book is almost written like a journal.  There are words, phrases, and even sentences crossed out.  Even on the cover, the first sentence at the top is crossed off.  The entire book goes on like this.  Some people have expressed it annoyed them but it didn't bother me.  I felt as if I were reading Juliette's journal during the majority of the book.



The action and plot was good and original as far as anything I've read lately.  This would probably be because as I said before, I don't read dystopian novels.  I would rate this a 3.5 but rounded it up because it is much better than the last book I read.  I will also add if you are a fan of paranormal books, this book wont disappoint you because there is a paranormal aspect to it.  Those are what I typically read.  Also, the book ended happy and complete with room for a sequel.  I do hope that we see a sequel in the future it would be nice to see what happens to Juliette from here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment