Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I absolutely devoured the last half of this book!  I'm thinking of reading A Beautiful Dark next or possibly something else, it just depends on what sounds good at the moment while I'm looking.  I highly recommend The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin to anyone looking for something to read...  I had been in a rut for awhile looking for something amazing to read and I found it...  It had the best ending I've read in such a long time, review:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Totally creepy and definitely not my typical read but here goes:



So I was going to rate this a solid 4 stars until the last paragraph which auto upped it to a 5.  This book was creepy and gave me goosebumps!  There was foul language which is fine by me because I'm not in the YA age group.  The book constantly had you wondering what was going on, what was real, what wasn't, and there was just so many disturbing parts to it.  This is absolutely NOT my typical type of book but after reading the free sample I decided to go for it.



I'm so glad I bought this, Mara Dyer is a very unique heroine.  She believes she's psychotic and has no idea what's wrong with her really.  She sees things, loses track of time, and when she pictures someone dying they die the same way she sees it.  Noah Shaw is a hero I instantly fell in love with.  He gives Mara so much attention and tries to tend to her every whim and need.  He puts up with all of her craziness. 



I loved the family bond in this book too, Mara has a strong connection with her brothers and there is a lot of family involved in this read.  There's also craziness, action, and paragraphs that you will have to read two-three times and still wont be able to comprehend.  This book is complete brilliance at it's best!



I cannot wait to read what comes next... and I hope it's soon.  That was an amazing cliffhanger/game changing ending...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment