Thursday, February 23, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

It took me awhile to finish this book!  I have been very busy!  I would like to mention I did send a tweet out saying I was reading this and Kendare Blake actually saw it and responded saying she hoped I liked it... I hope my review does not disappoint!  I don't typically read ghost stories or gory stories but lately I've grown to like them, perhaps because they are so different from my typical reads...

I've started another book it is called Until Next Time by Amy Lignor here is a photo of that (it's an angels book is what I know of it so far, I'm about 2 chapters in):
 Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Yes it took me a few days longer than normal to read this because I've had a busy week!  But here goes:



So Anna Dressed in Blood isn't my typical read but lately I've been reading books about ghosts and with all the great reviews I thought why not?  I really enjoyed that the main character is a boy so the story is told through him.  It's nice having a male protagonist.  Cas is a ghost hunter who moves around with his mom (witch) and cat (sees ghosts) to different cities to kill ghosts he receives tips on.



Cas meets his match in Anna, Anna Korlov is a female ghost who has killed every person to ever enter her home.  Until Cas comes along, for some reason she doesn't kill him and that's where the story starts to get really good.  Anna is a great character, there's a little G rated romance between the two, nothing serious.  There is more PG-13 rated stuff when it comes to the gore and descriptions of some of the killings and things that happen to the other ghosts.



I really enjoyed Cas' friends and family.  I thought the story was told with creativity, imagination, and it was really descriptive.  My favorite character was Anna who I believe is the real hero of the entire story.  Thomas and Carmel were also great additions to the group, there was a lot of depth to each character and you got to know all of them and I really enjoyed all of the characters.



This is a ghost story at it's best!  I would rate it between 3.5-4.  I like that the Kendare Blake was able to fit the entire story into one book which is extremely rare these days with sagas, trilogies, etc...  She left it open-ended enough to make a series out of it as well.  All in all it's a pretty good ghost story, perhaps a little gruesome.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment