Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

This book is crazy good... if you've read the first you need to read this as it will BLOW YOUR MIND!  Crazy conspiracies and all!!!

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Okay so what do I hate about trilogies???  I hate that the sequel never compares to the quality of book 1.  Dare I say that the sequel was even better than book one in this series???  :)))  So I reread the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer right before reading this so I would have a refresher...

This book starts at the end of book 1, literally.  Mara sees Jude in the police station at the end of the first book and this begins with her in a hospital waking up from sedation because of her "freak-out" at the police station.  Jude's obviously dead right?   She'd only been seeing him because of her crazy schizophrenic hallucinations, right???

Now... I LOVE that we finally receive some answers as to whether or not Mara is actually certifiably insane in this book!  Also, who doesn't love Noah Shaw?  I mean come on, his arrogant smirk is something I have a perfect vision of in my head.  His only weakness being Mara. 

There's flashbacks and memory lapses, crazy dreams, crazy people (literally, the book takes place mainly in a psychiatric hospital), and there's even the famous return of one of my favorite characters from book one... Jamie Roth!!!  Yes that's right, Jamie is back!!!  Ever wonder where he ended up after Croyden?  You will find out in this book!

Mara is being tortured in this book, she spends most of it in and out of psych wards.  There is definitely still a lot of mystery as the author only gives you enough to force you to read more.  There's a wild cliffhanger ending that will make you want to flip invisible pages to find out what is going on!!!  Can't wait to read the finale and I know it will be utterly amazing as this book surpassed my expectations by a milestone!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment