Friday, January 11, 2013

V is for Virgin - Kelly Oram

V is for VirginV is for Virgin by Kelly Oram

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Starts out strong and then turns predictable with a side of cheese!

I would give it 2.5 stars because it sucked me in and I read half of it.  By the middle of this book I knew what would ultimately happen for the most part and decided to skim the second half in about five minutes.  It turns out as expected it just took a few years for it to happen instead of a few months like typical YA books.

Valerie decides to jump on the table and declare she's a virgin when her boyfriend dumps her (for wanting to stay a virgin) and then he tells everyone he dumped her because she is bad in bed.  She gets the attention of a rock star who wants to take her virginity and she starts a line of jewelry called V is for Virgin.

She becomes a success, dates a  nice boy, and at the end the bad boy changes his ways.  Maybe would've been better for a younger audience.  I would say 13-17 year olds may enjoy this.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment