Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Significance - Shelly Crane

Significance (Significance, #1)Significance by Shelly Crane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Great new twist to the paranormal genre, so far so good, I'd give it 4.5 stars!!!  Definitely off to an awesome start!!!

So, first off, if you are in the mood for a romance of the paranormal sorts this is for you!  Second when I heard "imprint" I obviously thought of werewolves and am happy to report there are none in this novel.

I read quite a variety of books and this one has been showing up on my amazon account for a long time saying I would enjoy it but for some reason I just always skimmed past it until I read about it in the Jingle All the YA book and knew instantly I wanted to read this...

Maggie is your main character, she has a mother who abandoned her and a father who is like a zombie since her mother left.  She has an adopted older brother who lives in New York.  She got dumped by her boyfriend senior year and the story starts off at her senior graduation!  A boy who has asked her out numerous times asks her yet again and she decides, why not???  So she makes plans with Kyle...

On her way to meet up with Kyle she sees a very good looking guy and saves his life.  This is Caleb... he's our hero.  They imprint on each other (no werewolves) and it means they are each other's "significant other" and she meets his quirky and fun family!  I loved Caleb's family!!!  I thought Kyle seemed a tad creepy... 

There's action and drama but this is a book you read when you want also some mushy romance!  It's cute, not sexual or r rated, perfect for a teen or me *way past my teen years*....  I thought their chemistry was really great and I am definitely a fan can't wait to read book two!!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment