Monday, April 30, 2012

Spellcastser - Cara Lynn Schultz

 I cannot wait for tomorrow, in the meantime I'll be reading Eden by Jamie McGuire, it is the final book in the Providence series and I will admit Jared Ryel may have come off as stalker-ish in beginning but he is swoon worthy.  :)  Here goes...

Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Finally finished this book, I started it over a month ago and have read several books in between... here's my review of Spellcaster:



I bought this book automatically knowing I enjoyed the 1st one and I was reading something else at the time.  I held this one off for awhile.  Then I remembered, in Spellbound Emma and Brendan got their happily ever after.  They broke the curse.  So I was thinking, why a sequel?  Why did I buy this?



Okay, so I would rate this a 3.5, it's a good follow up, it shows Emma and Brendan had more trouble ahead.  I don't see a need for the book but it's a fun read.  The first 4-5 chapters are slow and then the story picks up.  I read those over weeks in between other books and then read from Chapter 6 on in one day. 



The storyline is good, Kristen is back and mean as ever.  There's a surprise as to who the villain is.  Also some surprises with Emma.  The humor is easily just as good for an adult as a young adult.  I found myself laughing a lot at the conversations between Emma and Cisco, Jenn, Brendan, Kristen, and Angelique.  There's also a lot of funny commentary.  It ends with a good epilogue and I would think that this would and should be the last book in the series.  Let's just let Brendan and Emma be happy.



Cara Lyn Schultz is an excellent author and I'll be excited to see what she brings to the table next with new characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment