Friday, April 13, 2012

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins - Hunger Games Trilogy

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm not sure why the reviews are so low.  I found this to be a very realistic ending to the trilogy.  The revolution happened, the rebels fought the capitol.  That's the story of this book.  We have our Mockingjay... 

I loved this story, it's just as sad and brutal as the others but with a happy ending in my opinion.  That's my entire review because I don't want to give anything away and here's something I never do, but I am retaliating against complaints I've been reading in reviews:

Spoilers... the bad reviews have a couple of major complaints... Gale's maybe being involved in making the bomb that killed the children and Prim, and Katniss ending unhappily married to Peeta. 

My ideas on those two issues, Gale and Katniss worked it out in her own way of acceptance and Gale chose the "fancy job" in district 2.  He chose not to go back to 12.  Peeta chose to go back to 12 and wanted to be with Katniss, and there's acceptance there too.  She admitted to knowing all along he was what she needed, they went through their own therapy, had children and coped the best they could.  Nothing in there said she was a zombie or unhappy, she loved her kids and knowing they wouldn't compete in any Hunger Games.  It said, she wasn't sure how she felt until she held her child.  As a mother, I get that. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment