Friday, April 13, 2012

Taken At Dusk - CC Hunter - Shadow Falls

I really am debating why I rated the book so high.  I'm just completely disappointed in parts of it when I'd been looking forward to it for SO long...

Well here it is for all my fans of Shadow Falls:

Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I rated this high because I like the series it deserves about a 3.5.  This book entertained me.  I read it quickly like all of the others.  I've even read the Novella.  I loved the relationship between Holiday and Kylie in this book.  The love triangle got more intense.  I don't even know who I'm rooting for anymore.  Both Derek and Lucas are so different and CC Hunter writes one up in one book and then the other in the next.  You just don't know who to love.

Miranda and Perry are finally working it out in this one which made me happy.  There's a new character named Ellie.  There isn't much more to add, Lucas and Derek, Holiday, Burnett, even Red and Mario make appearances.  There was a few twists with the "bad guys" and I liked that.

Here's what I didn't like, I mean really hated, I almost rated it a 3...  The ending.  Here it is, I had no idea this wasn't the last book.  I'm thrilled that it's not I love the kids at Shadow Falls but seriously, the ending was like Deja Vu to the ending of the last book in this series.  That really had me disappointed, I would've liked an original ending. 

Yes Kylie got some answers, but the ending still, besides that, is an exact replica of the ending of the last book.  Meeting her grandparents, questioning her identity, etc... 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment