Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins - Hunger Games Trilogy #2

I'm finishing Mockingjay today I hope because tomorrow Taken At Dusk book 3 in the Shadow Falls series by CC Hunter comes out!!!  

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Action, Killing, Plot Twists, Addictive Read, what more do you want in a sequel? Sequels tend to fall short of their predecessors but I found this one to be a compelling quick read.  Yes you don't get to know all the tributes that well but we didn't know all of them in the first Hunger Games.  The ones you do get to know are easily remembered.  There's plenty of action and plot twists to really keep you flipping pages.  I was so shocked by the ending that I had to buy three and start it the same night.  It was a fantastic read with lots of surprises.  People who expect happiness and roses should not have read this trilogy to begin with.  The complaints seem to be the same about this book and yet I find the majority of people rate it 3-5.  This is not a series for people who want a happy ending which I admit I typically do, until reading these, I've grown to expect sadness and death.  These things are typical of dystopian novels. 



Excellent addition to the series.  I read this faster than either of the other books.  It was fast paced and entertaining.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment