Monday, April 23, 2012

Delirium - Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I cringed, I laughed, I swooned, and I cried.

This is a dystopian but it doesn't seem TOO far into the future. I agree with other reviewers, if you are expecting Hunger Games don't read this. If you want to read a love story about a place in the future where love is considered a disease that kills you, READ THIS. :D

The writing seemed somewhat current, they have cell phones and text, go to college, eat fish sticks, typical stuff. So I think it was written as near future. There writing flowed well and was written in a beautiful style. I'd compare the writing style to that of Lauren Kate.

The story is of Lena who is going to be cured from love on her 18th birthday and then paired with a mate. She has a best friend who was a great add in character named Hana and of course, finds a love interest in the handsome Alex. Whenever I hear the word Autumn I will think of him.

The ending was bittersweet and sad but in the kindle version you get a long free sample of the next book which starts off amazing so I'm really excited to start on it. I'd rate this between 3.5-4 Stars. Well executed, the action was good, I cringed, I laughed, I swooned, and I cried.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment