Sunday, April 15, 2012

Divergent - Veronica Roth

So this book was amazing, good thing the sequel comes out in just a couple of weeks!  I am thinking of reading Shadows from the Lux series.  :D  I want to read about Dawson!  Not sure what else is in my queue.  I think over 90 books! This book was not in my queue I was just starting to get tired of the paranormal and needed something different and refreshing.  Which Veronica Roth brought in Divergent!

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So I wasn't sure what to expect when picking up this book, I typically read YA Paranormals but have been kind of looking for something new.  I decided after reading Hunger Games to try another dystopian book.  This one had really good reviews so here is mine:

I really liked Beatrice "Tris" our protagonist.  The heroine of the story.  She is 16 and must choose one of 5 factions to live in.  She is from Abnegation which is the "selfless" faction.  Each faction stands for something different. 

The story is told so well and vividly.  For being over 500 pages I read it in about a day and a half, I couldn't stop reading.  It was beautiful and easy to follow.  The writing was done so well, I winced with pain when I read certain parts as if it were actually happening to me.  I couldn't stand some of the characters, in fact the characters were all written so well.  I felt that I knew the looks Beatrice's mother, father, and brother gave her because of the descriptions.  Her friends were fantastically written too.  I can picture all of them and there were even some characters I wanted to punch in the face. 

My favorite characters were Christina, Tris' mom, and Four. 

Speaking of Four...  he is swoon worthy.  There is a love story in this book but it doesn't distract from the main points and it doesn't take over the story.  There is a fantastic plot line and I am so excited to read the sequel in May.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment