Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Well I'm always one to read what has become a "social phenomenon" so here it is (also I think they stayed true to the book in the movie and I think many complaints come from people who haven't read it as recently as I, the girl I saw it with said she read it when it came out):
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I read this after the movie came out...



I tried to read this book once before...  and I didn't like it, I wasn't interested in dystopian novels and I didn't like that all the characters had such bizarre names.  So I closed the book and let it go.  When the movie came out and was a huge success I decided I wanted to read it and see the movie, I read about 6 chapters before going to the movie and the writing was really good, after seeing the movie I went home to finish the book.  It did not disappoint.  In fact it had me buying book 2 immediately after and now I'm halfway through it.



There isn't much to add to other reviews because everything has been said.  Reading the book at the same time as watching the movie I think they did an excellent adaptation of the story and Suzanne Collins has a beautiful style of writing even when it's something as sad and serious as The Hunger Games. What a creative idea.  This book is just so full of imagination and you can tell she put so much into writing it.  Definitely a 5 star and it's no wonder she's the next big thing in book and media headlines!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment