Friday, March 16, 2012

Soul Screamers Volume 1 & My Soul To Save - Rachel Vincent

I originally purchased Soul Screamers volume 1 because it contained the prequel novella along with books 1 & 2 from the Soul Screamers series for a very low price.  I had been doing individual reviews for each book so I have a short excerpt for the Soul Screamers volume 1 and then below will be my review of book 2 My Soul To Save...

I also plan on reading My Soul To Keep next, which is book 3 in this series.

Soul Screamers Vol. 1 : My Soul to Lose • My Soul to Take • My Soul to SaveSoul Screamers Vol. 1 : My Soul to Lose • My Soul to Take • My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm not going to include much because I wrote individual reviews for each book in this book on their respected pages.  But I will say if interested in this series, this is the way to go for the price.  You get the prequel novella and books 1 & 2 all for the price of one book.  :)



I bought this due to the fact you get the prequel novella, book 1 and book 2 all in one.  I must admit, the prequel novella My Soul To Lose really captured my attention.  Book 1 My Soul To Take was nearly as good, and book 2 My Soul To Save was maybe so/so.  It wasn't as good as the first two in my opinion.



I really enjoyed the main character Kaylee and her boyfriend Nash.  I love Kaylee's best friend Emma and that Kaylee has a conscience but only to an extent.  She doesn't really care if she's going to get grounded or if someone dies in lieu of someone she cares for in most instances.  She kind of does her own thing and everyone else puts up with it.



I like Nash's mom and I can't decide how I feel about Tod I'm excited to read his Novella which is to be read before book 4 I believe. 



These books really help you get to know the characters and the storyline, I will continue reading the series hoping that book 3, My Soul To Keep is better than book 2.  Book 2 wasn't that bad but sometimes the second book in a series is just not quite as good as the first.  It's happened in many series. 



Try the free sample for kindle if you have one, either way, you can't beat this deal the price is amazing for what you are getting and the books are full and the writing is solid.  The characters all have depth and I think that there is a lot of potential here.  I'm excited to see what happens next. 



:)  4 Stars!



View all my reviews
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So I really enjoyed the prequel and book 1.  This book failed to keep me as entertained as the others I've read so far.  However, this book was still written extremely well.  You get to know Nash's mom Harmony better and get to see a father/daughter relationship between Kaylee and her dad.



There is a lot more sexual tension and references in this book than in the others.  It appears that this might come up in the upcoming books.  I did enjoy this book, I just wasn't sure how I felt about the characters that Kaylee was trying to save.  In the first book she was coming into herself, saved her best friend, etc... This book was about a girl who sold her soul to become rich and famous and Kaylee wanted to save her from dying for Tod's sake. 



I did like Addison and I sympathized with her.  I still give the book 4 stars because of how well Rachel Vincent's writing is.  I just wasn't as pleased or entertained as I was in the previous book.  I am purchasing the next book now and hope that it is better...  :) 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment