Saturday, March 10, 2012

Soul Screamers - My Soul To Take - Rachel Vincent

I can tell this series is going to be amazing and I only wished I'd found it sooner!!!!  Awesome awesome book!  I hope to be done with book 2 before Tuesday when the ones I've been waiting for come out... But there's also 6 in this series as well as some Novellas!!!  Next up book 2 My Soul To Save...


My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm SOOOOOOO glad the book was as good as the Novella prequel!!!  Yay!!!



I started by reading My Soul To Lose which is a prequel to the series, it's a very short Novella and it got me hooked.  This book was completely different than anything I've read and I've read some crazy stuff lately.  This book is about Kaylee who screams when someone near her is about to die.  This is quite a mystery and no one knows why it happens, her family tells her she's insane.  (I highly recommend reading the prequel Novella first.)  The action starts pretty quick and Kaylee and her best friend sneak into a club and Kaylee sees the shadow and feels the scream building in her throat and of course this is happening RIGHT in front of her crush Nash Hudson. 



So Kaylee, her amazing best friend Emma, and Nash calm her down and keep her from losing it and take her home.  She doesn't scream.  In the morning she sees the girl died on the news.  Then there are numerous girls dying, just dropping dead for no reason.  One each day.  Nash and Kaylee begin dating and working on solving the mysteries together.  Nash helps Kaylee discover who she is.



There's plenty of romance, I really liked Nash and his mom, Emma was the most amazing and understanding best friend, Kaylee's Aunt was a real character and her uncle I immediately liked.  Kaylee also has a not so nice cousin named Sophie.  She lives with them ever since her mom died when she was really young.  I even liked Tod (you'll meet him too)... 



At the end of this story all of your questions are answered, mysteries are exposed, and best of all, the story goes on and there are actually quite a few books in the series I believe as well as Novellas, I will be starting book 2 today.  This was a really great start to a series and I'm excited to see what happens throughout Kaylee's young life!



5 Stars, had me hooked and I stayed up real late finishing it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment