Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Soul To Steal, If I Die, & Never to Sleep - Soul Screamers - Rachel Vincent

I read the entire Soul Screamers to date in the last couple of days...  I'm excited and sad at the same time.  The next book is due out in June which is coming up fast, however; after reading Rachel Vincent's blog I also found out that one of the main characters dies.  :(  So that's horrible... here are my reviews of the books in the series...

My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Sabine is introduced in the Novella Reaper and she is Nash's "ex" who is back in town to get him back.  She is a great "love to hate" chick.  Rachel Vincent did an amazing job making her really a nightmare and Kaylee grew a bit of a backbone trying to keep her hold on Nash.  Kaylee is unsure if she even wants Nash after all he's done to hurt her so there's a lot of emotional turmoil in this book!



I truly liked Sabine's character, I liked how much I didn't like her.  I started being even more into Tod than I already am after how much he does for Kaylee while she needs him and he's just always there for her.



This book was really good as are the rest in the series what can I say?  I'm hooked on the Soul Screamers...



View all my reviews

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)If I Die by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I would give this book 4 stars but what can I say, I'm in love with Tod and there was a lot of Tod in this book!  So, here we go... Kaylee finds out she has a death date.  And there are no second chances to trade, her life was already exchanged for her moms when she was a baby so she has no choice but to just die... but before she does she wants to:



Kill the new incubus math teacher that is impregnating teenage girls...



In order to do this her and Sabine work together as well as Emma.  Sabine becomes so much more tolerable in this book!  I really enjoyed her character.  There's quite a bit of sexual content in this book even though there is no actual sex besides the pregnant teenage girls.  Just an FYI to anyone out there.  I hear there's quite a bit of it in the next book too....



So Kaylee spends her numbered days trying to right her wrongs and get rid of the incubus.  After that, she has a lot of realizations about Nash, Sabine, and Tod. 



Tod is really there for Kaylee during this book since he's faced down death and the connection between them is just unreal.  He also does a lot of things for her without wanting her to know.  He's just an all around great guy.  This book also has some relapses and a few surprises.  I think this is so far my favorite book!  I do love Tod... :D



View all my reviews


Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So this is a short Novella to add to the Soul Screamers series as it slowly comes to an end.  It takes place during Kaylee's last day in "If I Die" and is about Sophie and a necromancer named Luca.



All that we learn is that Sophie is definitely not entirely human.  (I really want to know what she is and how she can cross into the Nether by herself and who is this Luca???) And also I read Rachel Vincent's blog and found out something big... One of our main characters is going to die in book 6... :( 



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment