Monday, January 2, 2012

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong... Darkest Powers Book 2

Wow this was a pretty good sequel since most sequels aren't that great when comparing them to their predecessors...
The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Sequels make or break a trio in my opinion.  This sequel was written extremely well, and if I based my rating on how fast I read it, I would have given it 5 stars because I read it in a day and a half.  But I'm basing it more or less on how good I thought it was in comparison to the first in the series and in that case it wasn't as good as the first.  It was; however, still extremely entertaining.

All of our favorite characters are back and we find out even more secrets about the Lyle House and the Edison Group.  They are on the run throughout book two being chased by the Edison Group trying to find a safe place to stay and you get to know each of the 4 main characters a little bit better which include Chloe, Simon, Tori, and Derek.  My favorite characters are definitely Chloe and Derek but I did start to really enjoy Tori's character more and more throughout this book.

The ending leaves you hanging again, there is plenty of danger again, and lots of mystery.  Little romance but it really does not bother me in this series because the books are just not about romance and the storyline is fantastic without it.  The little bit of romance there is, is extremely innocent.  Smiles, flirting, that's about it.

I give it a 4-4.5 and recommend it to anyone who enjoyed book 1.  I'm currently halfway through the 3rd in the series and find it even better... keep reading on my friends!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment