Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong

This book was so good I read it from yesterday til about an hour ago, putting it down a few times here and there and am now beginning number 2... The Awakening.  =)  

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So I don't do the whole plot spoilers but I was hooked from the beginning. It starts off a bit creepy with a small child who sees scary ghosts and there is a little creepy throughout this entire book. But it still totally hooked me, it goes from creepy, to totally normal, to creepy again.

The heroine is Chloe a 15 year old who sees ghosts and is put in a the Lyle House a home for crazy kids. She lives with a few other crazy kids and soon finds out that maybe they aren't all actually "crazy" and there could be something supernatural or paranormal to each of the kids in the home.

This book is great, there is little to zero romance, the characters are very well developed, you have characters you will instantly like, some you will grow to love, some you will instantly hate, and some you will grow to hate.

The author is very dynamic and great with the mind tricks. She had me so confused I felt mentally unstable at times just reading parts of the story. Read it in less than 24 hours. Ends with an amazing cliffhanger too, glad I waited to read this until there were 3 books out!

Amazing work and I'm going to start book 2 now...




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment