Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Took me awhile to finish The Lost Saint #2 in The Dark Divine series due to the Holidays.  But I did it!  I posted my review below.  Haven't decided which of my books I'll read next.  I'm feeling extremely sick to my stomach which is no good with kids.  Hope everyone got what they wanted for the Holidays.  I'm going to lay in bed and read for 10 mins before my kids wake up...  that's how long I get when I do decide to rest.  Happy Holidays!!!

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I read this sequel with high expectations and wasn't let down.  I wasn't sure where the author could or would go from her first book which ended on a pretty good note.  She left this one on more of a cliffhanger which is too bad because there's a bit of a wait for the next one!  I really enjoyed watching Grace grow into herself as a heroine.

There wasn't as much romance between Grace & Daniel so that was a disappointment but they were both doing their own things.  There was still romance and action, lots and lots of action and I felt myself cringing and actually visualizing what the author was writing about.  The descriptions were so good I could smell the smells she was describing.

The twists were good, kept me on my toes when I thought I had everything figured out I was wrong which made me happy, I can't stand when I figure out a book right away.  This was an excellent sequel, when doing a trilogy or more, the sequel can either make or break a series and in this case it really held together nicely. 

I love the characters!  I enjoyed getting to see more of April and meeting a few new characters along the way.  All in all I highly recommend this sequel to those who have read book 1 in the series and are on the fence about buying book number 2.  =) 4 Stars!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment