Monday, December 12, 2011

Great News & Reviews!!!

My reviews on Amazon are doing really well so I'm starting reviews on Goodreads! I still have no blog followers. But that's okay. I got even better news the other day... I am a reader of many and all YA Paranormal and there is a series called The Guardian Series by Ednah Walters and you can get the first book on your kindle or other places but the second was pulled off the shelves and kindle. I tried to get it, I ordered it over a month ago and have had e-mails from the bookstore saying my shipments been delayed repeatedly... And finally I mentioned on Ednah Walter's page that the only copies available are from people trying to make money selling the book for 185-300 dollars!!! OUTRAGEOUS! So she ended up e-mailing me and offered to send me the book! Apparently the second book in the series was pulled due to her new publisher asking for some changes in the book as well as a new cover and there will be a new debut in June-July or later... I feel like I won an award!!! Super excited!

Here's my Goodreads review and I also have the review on Amazon as well:
Crave (The Clann #1)Crave by Melissa Darnell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was very well written. I'm surprised we have not heard of Melissa Darnell earlier. The main character or heroine Savannah had a strong sense of self and personality. She was a really strong heroine who had the capability to take care of her own problems. She did not need a knight in shining armor to save herself from every situation. That's the ideal female lead.



Tristan the hero or male lead was also a strong male lead. The story went back and forth between the two characters feelings and thoughts and he was a strong male with wonderful characteristics. I loved that he wanted to take care of Savannah and he respected her at the same time. He made me smile and I really wished at times my husband was a little more like Tristan. Both characters had a strong sense of maturity.



The story was brilliantly written, the images the author put in your imagination were vivid and beautiful. I adored this story and was upset there was a cliffhanger. The ending was good but I am now waiting in the wind for more! I am surprised this book hasn't had more reads and reviews. It is absolutely fantastic.



I felt what she felt and I think a lot of people can understand the feelings that were shared in the story between Savannah and her friends, boyfriends, and her childhood memories. It brought me back to high school and elementary school. This is a great read for teens on up to young adults and even adults like myself.



There's magic, romance, lots of action, and a perfect balance of everything wrapped into a book. I had a hard time putting it down and tried to make it last as long as possible. I still finished it in 2 days. Great book, I cannot wait for the next one!!! I'd love an update as to when to expect the next one so I can put it in my wishlist!!!



View all my reviews

Also one on Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I always worry when an author writes a lot of books at once that they might start lacking character or a good plot line. Clockwork Prince did not disappoint in any way. I do not put any huge spoilers in any reviews. Magnus Bane never disappoints in giving me a few good laughs in every single one of Cassandra Clare's books. There was also some fun from the Lightwoods I will not expose. There is an equal amount of danger and romance which to me makes for a really enjoyable read. I tried to make this book last because there isn't another one coming out for awhile.



I loved that all of our favorite characters are back, Will, Jem, Tessa, Magnus, Sophie, Jessamine, Charlotte, Henry, and even some of our not so favorite characters including the Lightwoods, Mortmain, and even Nate (Tessa's brother.) This story really was written out extremely well. I really enjoy reading about the earlier generation of shadowhunters.



The love triangle deepens so much further in this story and it becomes extremely complicated and we also get to know much more about Will's personal and emotional life. Jem is a gentlemen as always and we learn more about his emotional side as well.



Tessa seems to really strengthen in herself in this book and she stands up for herself better. She still needs help saving but she is not as strong as a shadowhunter so that is not necessarily unreasonable. She does hold her own and put up a good fight when she needs to. I really enjoyed watching her stand up for her beliefs and not back down and felt what she felt through the writing. She puts others feelings first and is a very likable heroine yet again.



I did like that this book ended with more left to be found out but not on one of those OMG cliffhangers in which all you think about for months is the next book and would love to thank Cassandra Clare for not doing that to us this time. There was a happy yet unfinished ending. Definitely ready for more. 5 Stars. I really enjoy this series and think it's great for all ages teens on up! A must read for any fan of the series.



View all my reviews

2 comments: