Friday, November 11, 2011

First Person or Third Person?

What do YA readers prefer? I've noticed most write 1st person but there's a pretty good combination or 3rd person narration as well. For instance the Fallen series, The Mortal Instruments, and The Infernal Devices. But 1st person there is Beautiful Creatures, Hush Hush Saga, and many more. I just can't decide which is more popular and which readers prefer. I like all of them differently. I just believe I can relate differently and better to 1st person even though I thoroughly enjoyed the other series written in 3rd person.

My editor is just more used to adult romance novels and not familiar with anything YA Paranormal or 1st person and has said it confuses her and I'm unsure if I should change it or not. It's very frustrating. I would like a perspective of someone who likes the type of books I am currently writing.

How Frustrating! My kids are SUPER SICK so I need sleep. Strep throat, ear infections, and Upper Respiratory Infections really suck when you have a 3 year old and a 6 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment