Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hallowed - Cynthia Hand

I finished Hallowed by Cynthia Hand today and now I'll get back to Born at Midnight by CC Hunter until Fallen in Love comes out by Lauren Kate next week.  Here's my review of Hallowed:


Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I felt that the story picked up exactly where the first one left off.  A few things were missing, a lot of the romance with Tucker seemed to be lacking, the things that made you fall in love with Tucker were missing which made me sad.  I think the author was busy building a storyline and left a lot of Tucker out.  I understand the author did this to build a love triangle with Christian. 



A lot of the secrets from book 1 are revealed.  It's nice knowing more of what was left in the dark from book 1.  You find out more about Clara's purpose, Jeffery's purpose, and there is sadness and death in this book.  This is partly the reason I waited and took my time reading it.  I didn't want to know who was going to die and I'd read a spoiler that someone dies. 



A lot of people complained of Wendy, Angela, or Christian's characters and I honestly didn't really find a problem with any of them.  Wendy isn't hardly in the book, Angela is the same as always, and Christian is the only character who is frequently in the book.  The book is mostly focused on Clara and her family and her new visions and revelations. 



I think that the book left off nicely to lead into a saga or a third book.  I'm not sure if Cynthia Hand has a third book in mind or not but would love to learn more as she did leave it open ended with more questions left behind.







View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment