Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong - Darkest Powers Book 3

This one definitely wasn't AS good as the others but it was still good.  I just always have high hopes for the end of a good saga...  I am now reading Hex Hall book 1.


The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So I read this trilogy in about a week hence the high ratings.  This book was the biggest disappointment.  I would give it 3.5 stars but I read it quickly and decided to round it up to 4. 

I did like that the kids grew into their characters even more and they got along really well and became such close friends.  I enjoyed getting to know Derek's character as well as Tori's.  I really enjoyed the villains and the action.  This book did not hold back when it came to action and there was more romance than in any other of the three.  It was G rated romance so definitely okay for all ages.

I felt that the ending wasn't completed enough.  For how thorough Kelley Armstrong was with her books and how well she writes I had expected a better ending.  I think she left it more open on purpose but I felt empty and that it was incomplete.  Knowing there isn't another book coming, I guess that's why I rated this lower.

Still, for a fan of the series, it is a good quick read.  The author writes with a lot of passion, her characters are easy to love and hate.  You feel as if you are with Chloe on all of her ventures.  3.5 overall on the third book.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment