Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Demonglass - Hex Hall book 2 next in line Born at Midnight C.C. Hunter

Now Demonglass was pretty good too, I have to wait until May for book 3, Rachel Hawkins sure can right up a good novel.  Ugh!  Another long wait, along the plus side there's some good books coming out soon like on the 17th we have Cynthia Hands Unearthly but I read that someone she loves dies and it's been released in other places and people have been posting on her Facebook "How could you" and things like how sad it is, I'm almost afraid to read it, I don't want any of my favorite characters to die.  I believe I'll start Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter next.  I've been holding out on my hard copy of Betrayed from Ednah Walters because it's so bulky and thick and I'm so spoiled from my kindle I love having something thin and sleek to just push a button to change pages.  Something my kids wont rip apart.

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So I was a huge fan of book 1!  This book was also another extremely quick read and I always rate on the quality of writing as well as how quickly I wanted to get through the book.  I read this book in just a couple of sittings over a day and a half while still ding other work.  That's a pretty good sign.  There was yet again nonstop action and lots of twists. 

I said nearly as good as book 1 only because I missed the familiar setting of Hecate Hall as this book takes place over summer break at Thorne Abbey where Sophie went with her dad.  Sophie traveled with Jenna, Cal, and her dad for the summer to Thorne Abbey and there is a lot of action.  People are trying to kill her, there's other demons around, even Archer returns and we find out who Sophie is betrothed to!  You wont be disappointed in any of the action or twists and turns.

I enjoyed the cliffhanger even though I think the hints towards the end of the book have lead me to believe that I know what to expect at the beginning of book 3 and what the cliffhanger actually is.  And I'm okay with that.  It's actually quite brilliant and I'm hoping I'm right, now I just have to wait a few more months to find out.  These are the kind of books you look forward too.  The ones you want to read and are willing to wait months for to come out.

I rate this one a solid 4, possibly a little higher. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment