Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Black Dawn - Rachel Caine

Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)Black Dawn by Rachel Caine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Not my favorite MV book.

So this book was okay.  I liked some of the characters point of views such as those who are from the Glass House, the characters we've come to know and love from this series such as Claire, Michael, Eve, and Shane.  The point of view changes with each chapter and makes it harder to follow.  Some characters point of view I didn't feel were necessary and some chapters were maybe 1-3 pages just some added fluff in my opinion.

I also really missed the Glass House, the lab, the portals, Frank Collins, Amelie, all of the things that really built this series up for me.  Claire isn't in school, they are fighting off the draug, and everyone is holed up together.  Parts seemed slow and the book didn't hold my attention as well as others in the series.

I believe Rachel Caine is an amazing author and I did enjoy the ending and feel the next book will be much better and more exciting.  This one just seemed to tie up all the loose endings from the previous book.  The end offers an exciting lead to many new possibilities.

There are casualties in this book, more than usual.  There wasn't very much romance, more tension than anything among characters and couples.  I am glad the draug is over I didn't find the concept that interesting in comparison to other problems among Morganville and it's residents in previous books.  I look forward to seeing what's next for everyone but this isn't a book I'll reread.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment