Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hexed - Michelle Krys

Hexed (Hexed, #1)Hexed by Michelle Krys

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received this ARC from NetGalley only 48 hours ago and I am already finished.  I really love YA paranormal but have grown tired of the same vampire/werewolf themes and was excited to read a witch story since I haven't read any since Hex Hall!

Indigo Blackwood is the young heroine and I thought her character was really fun, realistic, she was not mature for her age, you could tell she was a teenager by the way she acted in several situations which made it believable.  Indigo is a cheerleader, dating the football quarterback, and avoiding her annoying next door neighbor so she doesn't wreck her social status at the beginning of the book. Her character really grows by the end and I loved that, she didn't start off as a hardcore badass out to save the world.  I really felt for Indigo!  There's a little romance, some snarky attitudes, high school drama, BFF bonding, tough situations, good times, bad times, action, evil sorcerers, witches and a warlock in leather... the book had a lot going on and the only thing I really felt was missing was more information, more explanations, more history, etc.  However, the epilogue intrigued me and I will tune in for the next book!

By the end of the book, I was doing a happy dance, it was a great new series that I could really see teenagers and adults alike enjoying!


  happy gif photo: happy thumbs up tumblr_lbznezU8Im1qzllsr.gif




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment