Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Incendiary - Amy Bartol

Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)Incendiary by Amy A. Bartol

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm a big fan of the series, I devoured the first three books. It took me awhile to get into this one. I'm with the minority here but I think there was good and bad in this book. I'll start with the good, there were new characters added including someone for Russell which I had been hoping for. We get to know Evie's dad and his entourage. Brennus makes a good villain and the love story between Evie and Reed is good as we all love Reed by this point!

What I didn't like... This seemed to be a repeat of past books. Nothing new happens it's Brennus trying to get to Evie as always. Zee, Buns, and Brownie were barely in this book and those are characters I've come to love. There were times when I thought Reed could easily kill Brennus but instead it would turn to dialogue between the two and nothing was accomplished. Another man is thrown into the love quadrangle or whatever you want to call it... Xavier. Evie has enough love interests between Reed, Russell, and Brennus. She doesn't need another man to complicate the story. We are all Reed fans!

I just felt this book was a "filler" novel. It didn't bring anything new or substantial. I will read the final book because I am a fan of the series and I'm hoping for an excellent ending.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment