Monday, May 25, 2015

Amber Smoke - Kristin Cast

Amber Smoke (The Escaped #1)Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was really excited to read this, I have not read Kristin Cast before but love NA as well as paranormal and mythology.  I have a thing for furies!  So the beginning of the book was excellent and held a lot of promise.  I would have been really interested in the relationship between the fury and the prisoner.  However, once Alek was of age and looking for Eva the story started to drag out.  The characters were underdeveloped.  I did not feel any sort of connection to them in the same way I felt towards the furies who were more developed.  I saw this book as too juvenile to be New Adult.  I would consider it more Young Adult.  I will say that the book is fairly short and I finished it really quickly.

I give it 2 1/2 stars and will round up because the beginning was really good and I enjoyed the first half the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment