Sunday, June 24, 2012

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare book 5

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


So I agree with some of the other reviews, the first half of this book is very dull.  There isn't much going on and it was hard for me to get through.  The second half makes up for the first and is much more exciting.  Cassandra Clare finishes the book in her style which will have readers craving more and forgiving the first half of the book.

This book is about Clary and the others trying to help sever the bond between Jace and Sebastian.  It was well written and long.  The writing style is good but there are MANY points of views in this story.  You will see Alec, Simon, Isabelle, Maia, Jordan, Clary, Jace, Sebastian, and any other character in the book's point of view.  Which can make the book hard to follow at times.

I give it 3 stars and will read the next.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm probably the only one in the world who hasn't read these books yet. I have the first one and can't wait to read it. I'm a bit behind on books I'm reviewing. :O

    I've nominated you for an award! The post about the award will be up this Friday on my blog. Congrats! I love your blog with all the different colors. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete