Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dorianna - Catherine Stine

DoriannaDorianna by Catherine Stine

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Received from NetGalley for an honest review...

I read this book fairly fast, I found myself skimming parts.  The story flows really well and the writing is excellent.  I found the "powers" confusing.  I do understand the book is supposed to be superficial and show how far one will go for popularity and fame.  I was pretty excited to read this especially being a YA Dorian Gray.  I was turned off by most of the characters and did not feel a connection to Dorianna at all.  (I liked Bailey!)  I think this book WILL strongly appeal to teenagers especially with social media and popularity being the theme, which is the YA market.  Personally, for adults who read YA I did not feel this was for me even a little bit.  I would still recommend others read it and decide for themselves and I would really recommend this for the YA genre it is marketed for.  I could easily picture my friends siblings reading this.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment