Monday, January 30, 2012

Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate

I finished Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate and was disappointed to say the least.  I didn't include spoilers in my review on Goodreads or Amazon but it wasn't all I'd hoped for and more...  Don't you hate when you are anticipating a book and it isn't that good?

I'm well into Awake At Dawn (Shadow Falls) by C.C Hunter.  I'm beginning to like this series of course now that I'm almost done and there's quite a wait for the next book!  :)  I'm not sure what I'll read next.  There's quite a bit in my to read list but I just don't know, I need suggestions.

Here's my review of Fallen in Love:

Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I bought this because I was excited to read the stories of the other characters.  I did not realize that this entire story just part of what took place in book 3, this all takes place in one of the past lives of Luce.  I forgot how much I missed the characters and how beautiful Lauren Kate's writing is. 

I rated this a 3 because I only really enjoyed 2/4 short stories and the extra point is because they were all written with beauty and skill that only Lauren Kate can provide.

Now the story I thought I'd like least was Shelby and Miles, which was really good.  The other story that was written amazingly beautiful was that of Luce and Daniel.  These two were by far the most "romantic" of the stories.

I found myself most excited to read the stories of Roland and Arriane.  Those two stories were the ones I felt fell the shortest.  They were both EXTREMELY short and depressing.  Almost filler and fluff.  I am thinking perhaps Lauren Kate provided them in the way she did just to show what the angels had been through.

Nonetheless if you are a fan you will enjoy the writing style and the stories of all four.  I enjoyed all four stories but was hoping for a little more.  It was a Valentine's Day special.  When you read it, you will understand.  Once you have invested as much time into the characters you want them to be happy.

The best part of the book is the fact that you do get to read the prologue and first chapter of Rapture.  Which was really good, and now I can't wait for that to come out!  It's still a solid 3/5.  I'm a huge Lauren Kate fan either way and for all fans this is still a good read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment